Ficus Religiosa (Peepal)
- Brand: PlantsNtrees
- Product Code: PNTS/N/T/1
- Reward Points: 17
- Availability: In Stock
ficus religiosa - peepal Plant Intro
Ficus religiosa, popularly known as Peepal, is found to have several health benefits. A species of fig tree in the mulberry family, peepal trees are grown in the wild forests across the Indian sub-continent and a few people nurture it at home as well. Peepal tree is also a chief oxygen provider. The peepal tree is rich in tannic acid, aspartic acid, flavonoids, steroids, vitamins, methionine, glycine, etc
Benefits of ficus religiosa
1. Helps In Treating Fever, Cold:- Take a few tender leaves of peepal, boil them along with milk, add sugar and then drink this mixture for about two times in a day. This provides relief from fever and cold.
2. Helps In Treating Asthma:-Take either a few tender peepal leaves, or its powder and boil it along with milk. Then, add sugar and drink it for about two times in a day. It helps those ailing with asthma.
3. To Treat Eye Pain:-Peepal also helps in terms of treating eye pain efficiently. Peepal milk derived from its leaves is helpful in providing relief from the eye pain.
5. Provides Relief From Nosebleed:-Take a few tender peepal leaves, prepare a juice out of it and then apply a few drops of it in the nostrils.This provides relief from the nosebleed.
6. Helpful In Treating Jaundice:-Take tender peepal leaves and prepare juice adding some mishri. Drink this juice 2-3 times in a day. This helps in alleviating jaundice and its symptoms.
Planting & Care
Ficus prefer bright indirect light from a variety of sources. Natural light is typically best.
Keep ficus in temperatures above 60ËšF and avoid leaving them near cold drafts as this will do harm.
When watering them, it is good practice to check the soil it is planted in. Ficus do not like to be over or under-watered. Ficus trees are notorious for shedding leaves under moisture stress. They will often recover if moisture levels are corrected and consistent.
Keep the humidity levels up by placing pebbles around the soil and roots.
Ficus can grow quite fast too so they need plenty of nutrients to keep them healthy