- Brand: PlantsNtrees
- Product Code: PNTS/555
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Acorus calamus (Sweet Flag) is consisting of tufts of basal leaves that emerge directly from a spreading rootstock. These basal leaves are erect and sword-shaped, resembling the basal leaves of Iris spp. (Irises), but more green. Calamus is a plant. The root (rhizome) is used to make medicine.
Planting & care
Sunlight: Acorus calamus (Sweet Flag) contain Full sun to part shade
Soil: They need to grow in water less than 9 inches deep or in very moist soil.
Water: Acorus calamus (Sweet Flag) not need large amount of water. It enough Medium to wet.
Fertilizer: Use a slow release, medium-rate fertilizer.
Uses of Acorus Calamus (Sweet Flag).
1) Sweet Flag root is used internally in the treatment of digestive complaints, bronchitis, sinusitis etc. It is wonderfully tonic powers of stimulating and normalizing the appetite.
2) Sweet flag is useful for the treatment of skin infection such as eczema and scabies.
3) It also cures fever, asthma, cold, and bronchitis.
4) The aromatic oil mixed with olive oil, cinnamon and myrrh is used for thousands of years.
5) This is used as a mouth freshener and also removes the smell of tobacco.